Click to Read Brochure
The EBSD Specimen Polishing Kit is based on the South Bay Technology Model 150 micrometer controlled lapping fixture. Two mounting blocks are included to hold a 1/8" pin SEM mount for plan view preparation or SBT Tripod Polisher® SEM mount for XSEM preparation. The stubs are secured into the block with a set screw prior to loading into the lapping fixture. The kit includes an SBT SampleSaverTM storage container and two tier locking rack, and pin adapters for holding the 150 mounts. A pretilt EBSD specimen stage is included with three height segments. The low profile mount fits most SEM load locks and can be stored in the SampleSaverTM without removing from the pre-tilt holder.
- A relatively simple and inexpensive method for mechanically polishing and mounting EBSD specimens on an SEM stub allowing quick transfer without dismounting a prepared sample.
- Pre-Tilt EBSD specimen stage keeps sample at a fixed angle of 70° or the complementary angle of 20° in the chamber.
- The process utilizes conventional, easily available, precision abrasives and is compatible with other SBT sample preparation equipment and consumables.
- The SBT Model 150 Lapping Fixture can be utilized for other routine parallel and angled polishing processes without modification. Up to 1.25" dia. mounting blocks are available.
- A low force Model 150L lapping fixture is available as an option.
- Complete process recipes, consumable supplies, and other accessories available from SBT including hand lapping tray, lapping and polishing machines, hot plate/cooling tray and sample mounting devices.
- Process is compatible with ion polishing using the SBT KDC-10 Broad Beam Ion Source in the IBS/e system.